A variable is some information that gets stored so you can use it.
That's pretty helpful, right?
Maybe it's more helpful to understand what you can use variables for, in order to understand what a variable is.
Variables can help you take care of all sorts of things in a project. You can use them to:
- Store and show a score for a game
- Store and show a learner’s name throughout a project
- Store information on what selections a learner made on pages 2, 3 and 4 so you can customize what you show them on page 5.
- And a lot more
In dominKnow | ONE, we have two types of variables available:
- System Variables – data and information generated by the Project and the learner
- Custom Variables – additional or custom data that YOU want to track