Follow

How do I style my font or paragraph text? How can I make my font bold, a different color, or remove all formatting?

You can change the style or formatting of your selected font or paragraph text using the buttons on the Home tab ribbon.

1. First, select the text element to make it editable using one of the following methods:
    1. Double-click the text element.
    2. Click the text element and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
    3. Click the text element and click the Edit button on the Home tab ribbon.
  2. Next, select the text you want to style using one of the following methods:
    1. Double-click to select a single word.
    2. Triple-click to select an entire paragraph.
    3. Drag your cursor over the text.
  3. Then, click a button in the Font or Paragraph area on the Home tab ribbon. You may also click the arrow next to a drop-down list to select an option.

The following are the style buttons and tools available in the Font area on the Home tab ribbon:

Select a common browser-safe font face. Follow this link to see samples of these font faces.
  Select a font size or enter a size in the field.
  Bold selected text.
  Italicize selected text.
  Underline selected text.
  Strike-through selected text.
  Superscript selected text.
  Subscript selected text.
  Highlight selected text.
  Color selected text.
  Remove All Formatting from selected text.
  Insert a Special Character at insertion point or selection.

The following are the style buttons and tools available in the Paragraph area on the Home tab ribbon:

Make the selected text a bullet list.
  Make the selected text a numbered list.
  Outdent the selected text 40 pixels.
  Indent the selected text 40 pixels.
  Left-align the selected text.
  Center-align the selected text.
  Right-align the selected text.
  Justify the selected text.
  Set the line spacing for the selected text (choose standard line spacing or enter a custom amount). Note: line spacing is applied both above and below the line of text. Total line height is determined by multiplying the selected value by the font size. If the result returns a decimal value, note that some browsers may round this value to the nearest integer while others will preserve the decimal value. Follow this link to learn more about differences related to font display and shape rendering.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request

Comments