You can assign an author to courses so that they have access to it for development and other tasks.
You can assign a reviewer to courses so that they can view the course and enter feedback for Reviewer Notes.
When you assign a course to a user, an email is automatically sent from Claro to the user.
It may be useful to allow more than one author access to a course in development. This allows multiple authors privileges to edit, upload, modify, and approve course elements.
To assign users from the course browser:
- Open the browser from QuickLinks or the App menu.
- Select the course you want to assign users to.
- Click the Actions button.
- From the menu, select Assign Users.
- Select the user you want to assign and click Assign.
Note: You can also Set Review Date, Invite Users and Unassign users from this modal. To unassign a user, select the Assigned tab, select the user and then click Unassign.
To assign a user to a course from the Review Menu
It’s easier to quickly assign reviewers and authors to a course directly from the Review toolbar. You can also schedule the review period and invite new users.
- Click the Review tab.
- Click the Assign Users button. See our YouTube video Assign Users for more information.
- Check each box next to the reviewer(s) and author(s) to assign to the course.
- Click Assign.
- Click Done when you’re finished.
NOTE: You can also click Set Review Dates to schedule the review period. Click Invite Users to invite new reviewers or authors to Claro.
To assign a user to a course from the Application Menu
- Click the Application Menu.
- Click Current Course.
- Click Assign Authors or Assign Reviewers.
- The User Management window opens. From the List Users or List Pending Invites Actions area, select the user from the list. You can use the Advanced Filters to see only certain roles or statuses.
- Click the Assignments button.
Note: The Assignments button is not available when an Administrator is selected since they have access to all courses in the system.
- Check the course or courses to assign the author to from the Available list.
- Click Assign.
- Click the Done button when you’re finished.
- Close the User Management window.