Follow

How do I record and insert an audio video stream or a still snapshot from my Webcam onto my Claro page (Page Video or AV Publisher)?

You can use a Webcam and microphone on your computer to record and insert a video or a still snapshot directly into Claro.

To record and insert a video:

1. Click the Video button on the Record tab toolbar.
  2. The Adobe Flash Player Settings box will open. Click the Allow button to allow Claro access to your camera and microphone.
  3. The Settings button on the right-hand side allows you to control the video and audio settings and output quality.
  4. Click the Record button to begin. There will be a three second count-down before the recording begins.
  5. Click the Stop button when you’re done.
  6. You can then Play and Replay the captured video to view it in the Recorder.
  7. If you need to trim a bit off the beginning or end, move the Playhead along the timeline until you see the best start position. Then, move the Start flag to that position. Do the same thing at the end of your clip. Move the Playhead until you find the best ending point, then move the End flag to that point. Then, click the Apply button.
  8. Click Save when you’re ready to add the recording to your page.

NOTE: You can open the AV Publisher (Record> Video) even if you do not have a webcam or video camera plugged in. You can plug the device in after opening the tool.

To record and insert a snapshot:

1. Click the Video button on the Record tab toolbar.
  2. The Adobe Flash Player Settings box will open. Click the Allow button to allow Claro access to your camera and microphone.
  3. Using the slider in the lower left corner, slide the icon from the movie camera icon over to the camera icon.
  4. Click the red Camera button to begin.
  5. Click the Stop button when you’re done.
  6. In the right description area, enter the desired title and tags.
  7. Click Save when you’re ready to add the snapshot to your page.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request

Comments