When you are importing a PowerPoint file to Claro, you can choose custom import settings. Click the Use Custom Import Settings button for these options:
Custom Import Settings: General Options
- Select Slides to Import – Check this box to see a preview of all the slides in the PowerPoint in order to select which slides to import. The slides can be viewed in either a thumbnail view or list view. If the box is unchecked, all slides will be imported.
- Import Slide Notes – Slide notes or “speaker notes” can be imported and will become Page Notes in Claro. They can be viewed by clicking the Page Notes button in the Page section of the View toolbar. This is a toggle button which turns the display on or off.
- Import All Audio Elements – Currently not available.
- Import All Video Elements – Currently not available.
- Stretch Content Slides to Fit Course – Often, a PowerPoint presentation is not created at the same size as the standard Claro course size (Standard 1010×600 or Smartphone 320x480). To make the PowerPoint file fit, it can be stretched. Check this box to stretch each content slide horizontally or vertically to fit the course window. If it is unchecked, the content will be centered on the screen, with blank space on either side.
Note: Custom sizing is available as of 126.96.36.199 release and may require a custom theme to accommodate the size.
NOTE: The best strategy to size a PowerPoint presentation for your Claro course is to create the PowerPoint file at the course size. In PowerPoint, open Page Setup (you may have to open the Slide Master first) and select Custom size. Enter 10.1 inches wide by 6.0 inches high for a Standard course and 3.2 inches wide by 4.8 inches high for a smartphone course.
- Stretch Master Slides to Fit Course – Since the pages created from PowerPoint Master Slides are single, full-screen images containing graphic items, they usually look acceptable when stretched to fit the course size. To have the master slides centered on screen, uncheck the box.
- Use Custom Page Title – PowerPoint slides often use the “Title” item or another text item for a slide title. However, you can specify that a custom title (plus a number) be used for all your pages. If the “Use Custom Page Title” box is checked, the title field will be highlighted and you must then enter a title (e.g. Slide). This will become the base title and a slide number will be appended to each page (e.g. Slide 1, Slide 2, Slide 3 etc.)
Custom Import Settings: Asset Settings
Apply Transparency to Shapes:
Transparency is handled differently for images and shapes.
Images and clip art
Except for .jpg or .gif images, all images and clip art are converted to .png format when they are imported. If there are levels of transparency in the original PowerPoint image, they are always retained in the Image Element. The “Apply Transparency to Shapes” check box has no affect on these elements.
Lines and shapes
All charts, diagrams, arrows, lines, rectangles, ovals, and auto shapes are also converted to .png format when they are imported. However, you can choose whether or not to maintain transparency with these shapes. To import shapes without transparency, un-check the box. Each shape will then appear with a rectangular white background. You can use the Image Editor to change the background colors.
Check this box to allow all of the assets (everything except .html elements) on all of the pages to be shared with other courses.