Follow

How do I send an xAPI statement to my LRS?

A Learning Record Store (LRS) is a data store system that serves as a repository for learning records necessary for using the Experience API (xAPI). The Experience API is also known as the "Tin Can API" and is an Open Source e-learning specification developed after AICC and SCORM. –wikipedia

This article will outline the steps to setup an LRS in SCORM Cloud for use in Claro.

To send an xAPI statement:

1. Select the element for which you want to send an xAPI statement.
  2. From the Interaction tab, select Actions.
  3. From the dropdown menu, select Send xAPI Statement.
  4. The Element Interactions right flyout will open. From the menu choose the Trigger that will send the statement. You can select a Verb and Type, and set a Delay. There are also fields where you can input an Activity ID, Name, Description, and Conditions.
    Note: For examples of operators you can use in the Conditions field, see: JavaScript Operators by w3schools.com
  5. Click Apply.
  6. Click Done.

Note: This feature is available to all product editions, however it may not be enabled for your particular site. If you do not see this option in your Claro and wish to use it, please contact our support team to enable the feature.

For more on xAPI support, see: Claro | Best Practices for xAPI.

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 2 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request

Comments

Eric Young

When I click the actions tab I do not see 'Send xAPI Statement' in the dropdown menu

Shea Hickey

Hello Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this article—your feedback is very much appreciated!

It seems the feature is enabled by request at this time, and we've updated this article to mention that. I apologize for the confusion.

If they haven't done so already, expect to hear from our support team soon about getting this feature enabled on your site.