2 followers Follow

Full screen courses?

Hej,

I have a question from a Learning designer here at IKEA who is weighing up the possibilities in Claro for his new project. He would like to have a Claro course run in Full screen mode as well. By default courses run in a 1010X600 size frame.

Are there some options to make a course with a full screen button that relatively scales the course to full screen size?

Maybe in a custom theme? Or will we need to wait for Flow?

Sam Thomas

Please sign in to leave a comment.

9 comments

Depending on what they are looking to accomplish, most likely the best approach would be Flow.

Paul Schneider 0 votes

Until we get Flow, are there some options? They are talking about using the course content in multiple ways but yes flow would best support.

Seems to me today that there aren't possibly for Web Packages but not SCORM. Unless maybe in a theme?

Sam Thomas 0 votes

Okay Paul, I guess there is no straight forward answer (i.e. get a theme made with spec. X) I will check in with the requestor next week, we meet up a week on Monday, have a good weekend.

Sam Thomas 0 votes

Hi Paul and DK,

I have had another push from the requestor and would like to start investigating possibilities before we connect next week.

The query comes from a Learning Designer that wishes to create a Lighting course so they really want to maximize the use of screen-space to demonstrate the effect of lighting. At a minimum they want to remove distraction for which they could instruct the user to maximise the window but that is not the ideal solution.

Ideally, yes this is a Flow course but we will not be able to offer them that until the Autumn, my need is to offer them an alternative or say clearly Claro cannot satisfy that today that need we need to look at another tool for the project.

Can you steer me to a few functions that I can start to explore as options. I have wondered before but this is the first request from the business, seems a natural desire and query based on common online behavior to look for the full screen button. I do realize and appreciate that tablet compatibility and fixed sizes may be the restriction to this..

Sam Thomas 0 votes

Hi Sam,  I've responded to you directly on this one to gather more specific details.  Thanks

Paul Schneider 0 votes

Hi DominKnights!

This one came up again in a more defined usecase. Some of our authors today are struggling with the screensize a bit when it comes to doing training for software solutions that require full screen, a lot of detail and data that does not show well in a 1010X600 window. They described their users as working with two large screens and want them to have the software open in one screen and the Soft sim the other side. We established that we cannot create an full screen e-learning today with Claro, I hear Flow will not support layers (clicking around) will Clarofy Capture support better, if imported into a Claro course we have the same problem.

Unless, on a support call it was mentioned that this request was in from another client (Courses that can deal with larger windows and resolutions). Is it already being developed? or on the roadmap?

Sam Thomas 0 votes

Hi Sam, thanks for the additional details. The capability as described in your recent post is under consideration for development.  We'll keep you posted once we have definite information.

Paul Schneider 0 votes

Thanks Paul, we have discussed a bit and I am sure we will touch base on this again. I suspect Capture + Flow may solve this in many cases (from looking at Clarofy but the need expressed today from an ex-author in the business solutions team today now solution owner/super-user in the largest franchisee was specifically that working within the smaller frame was too constrictive for some of the software trainings they are dealing with.

Sam Thomas 0 votes