Add Notes to a FLOW/Side Navigation Template similar to an ILT

1671 0 4
Posted   2 years ago

How do I add Notes to a FLOW/Side Navigation Template? I want to mimic the feel of Instructor-Led Training lesson (the instructor notes being viewable to all) but using the FLOW responsiveness.

Thanks,

Ray

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 4 )

Posted   2 years ago

Hi Ramon, are you looking to use a Flow project as a presentation slide deck or? A little bit more details will help in answering.

Thanks!

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

Thanks Chris! My customer loves ILT presentation look and feel. I just want to mix in a FLOW responsiveness to it.

Ray

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

A couple of thoughts and ideas.

We do have a Theme for using Claro content as a slide deck in a presentation, the Instructor-led Theme. It is wired to sense keyboard use of the forward and back arrows or a presenter's "clicker" to advance from page to page. Plus it shows any Page Notes for each page in a separate browser window, like seeing the instructor notes in a PowerPoint Slide deck.

You can learn more about that Theme right here >>> ILT Theme 

We don't offer the same type of theme for Flow, though, since Claro Pages are much more like PowerPoint pages/slides.

You could do something similar in a Flow page by adding a text element (for example, at the bottom of the page) that displays   the system variable for Page Notes. 

Under each page in Flow (or in Claro ) you can add Page Notes, which can be any text that you want or need.

On the page itself, add a text element then when editing the text element right-click. You'll see a Menu. Rolll over Current Page then select Notes from the sub-menu. The system variable for the Page Notes will be added to your text element -- in your text element you'll see either a variable placeholder using x or the full variable string for the system variable, depending on what setting you have selected on the View tab.

(You may find this article, Variables in dominKnow | ONE: A primer, helpful in understanding variables.)

Now, when the learner sees the page, whatever text you've added to the Page Notes below the authoring stage will be shown in the text element. You can see this as well in Full Project preview (you won't see it in Current Page preview, as that preview only loads the page itself and not other information/data).

Hope this is helpful!

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

Chris,

Flow project as a presentation slide deck is exactly what we want to create.

Comments

( 0 )