Adding a Video File to Timeline

980 0 2
Posted   one year ago

I was wondering if it was possible to add a video file into a Timeline panel. I noticed that there was only the option for embedded videos. Is that the only option?

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 2 )

Posted   one year ago

Is this the process you are following? You're selecting a placeholder on a panel and selecting the three-dot menu to open the Replace Your Placeholder panel? If so, then yes, the only video option available there is for an embed video.

On the Placeholders themselves, though, is a Video icon which allows you to ad an uploaded video.

This article outlines editing a Timeline >> Edit a Timeline Component in Flow

Step 3 shows how to add an image to a Placeholder on a Node panel by selecting the image icon on the Placeholder. You can do the same for a video by selecting the video icon on the placeholder, which is right beside the Image icon. This lets you upload a video and add it to the panel (rather than an embedded video).

Depending on how you added the Timeline component, though, you may not see any Placeholders. For example, if you are on the Add To Your Page panel the Image Timeline and Content Timeline options show Image and Text elements, respectively, rather than placeholders.

When you are working on one of these timelines, if you select an element on a panel you should see a page+ icon (looks like a page with a green plus sign) and selecting that will let you add more placeholders to the panel.

Comments

( 2 )
one year ago     b.belbin     2   |   2  

That works perfectly! I made the assumption that the video button in the placeholder was only for embedded videos. Thank you Chris!

one year ago     Chris Van Wingerden     1347   |   7  

Awesome, glad that this sorted it out for you!

Posted   one year ago

With the timeline Engage component, like all components, you can add virtually any type of object.  When you add a node, you pick a type of layout for the node and within the layout object you can add a video, text, audio, images and more.

Comments

( 1 )
one year ago     b.belbin     2   |   2  

Hi Paul, thank you for the response. Unfortunately when I add a new block to a timeline panel, the only videos I am able to add are those that require an embed code from an external sources such as Youtube and Vimeo.