Adjust padding/text margin in shape

2440 0 1
Posted   2 years ago

I can't seem to find a way to manually change the amount of space between a shape's text frame and the shape's boundaries. It seems like Claro forces an extremely large amount of padding when it can, and only reduces it when it's absolutely forced to due to space constraints. I'd like to keep the text in a shape from wrapping unnecessarily, but that forced padding is foiling my efforts. Is that a predetermined value that I'm not supposed to be able to adjust as a user, or am I somehow missing its location?

Thanks as always!

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   2 years ago

The padding is predetermined and one of the factors that needed to be considered for it was that a shape could be a circle and the padding had to make sense in that context. So in a rectangle or square it can look like more padding than might be expected.

If you're working on a Claro page, you can add a separate text element over the shape and that will give you more control over the padding (or rather, the appearance of padding), etc.

Another design option is a Panel from the Engage tab - you can set it to have no header/footer so it is simpler like just a rectangle. Border and fill options for it offer some additional design controls.  

Comments

( 1 )
2 years ago     ethyoung     40   |   4  

Thanks for the pointers!