Boolean Searches in the Library

1904 0 3
Posted   2 years ago

We are going to be transitioning to DominKnow soon and I'm trying to learn how the Library functions.  Are Boolean searches possible within a Library search for Media?  Our library will become huge very quickly and we will need a way to pair down our searches.  Is this possible?

Thank you,

John

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 3 )

Posted   2 years ago

We do not currently support boolean searches.  The searches use a partial character match of any of the description, title, and keyword fields (keywords are individual words no phrases).

Please send a request to dominKnow support at support@dominknow.com with some additional details of how you would like to use those so they can log this as a feature request.

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

Thank you Paul,

I appreciate you quick reply.  I did send you an e-mail with an excellent example of the type of Boolean search we use here every day.  I hope the example is helpful.  If you need any further explanation, or more details, I'd very more than happy to assist.  Thank you again for your prompt reply!

John

Comments

( 1 )
2 years ago     Paul Schneider     753   |   8  

You are most welcome. Team confirmed this has been logged as a future feature request.

Posted   2 years ago

I have submitted a request, as well. F-35 is very interested in Boolean operators. 

Comments

( 0 )