Bullet color

1464 0 3
Posted   2 years ago

Is there a way to change the color of bullets in a bulleted list?

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 3 )

Posted   2 years ago
  ●   Edited   2 years ago

By default the bullets/dots in a bullet list always take their color from the color setting for the text element as a whole (which can be changed on the Style tab).

You can use inline styling to change the text color for the text of items in the bullet list, but the bullets/dots will remain set as the element text color.

You can, though, create a Project style which has the bullets/dots as a different color to apply to the bullet list.

Here's an article on Project Styles.

When you are creating your new Project Style on the Style Editor panel, select the icon for the list menu and choose the display - disk, circle, square, etc. Once you've done that, the button beside it becomes available and it lets you set a color for the chosen bullet style (for just the bullets, not the text in the list).

After creating the Project Style, go back to the text element and select the text of the bullet list. Then apply the new style to that text from the A Styles button.

Project Styles are only available within the Project where you create them. If you want to use this same style in another project, you can choose the Edit Styles option in the new project and then you can copy the style in from the first project where it was made.

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

I'm not referring to the bulleted list widget. I created a list with body text and then applied bullets. The text is white against a dark background. But the bullets aren't visible because they are black.

Comments

( 1 )
2 years ago     Chris Van Wingerden     1347   |   7  

Yup, I understood that you weren't refering to the List widget. Check out the edited info above, let us know if that helps. For your described example here of white text but bullets are black, was the text in the element white when the element was added you started, or did you alter the text color after adding the text? And if you altered the color, did you do that by using the Style tab or did you alter the text with inline styling on the Format tab?

Posted   2 years ago
  ●   Edited   2 years ago

The link you included to the Project Styles article answered the question and I am now able to use different color bullets.

Supplementary question: In the bulleted list widget, can you control the size and/or color of the bullets? Right now they are displaying very large (too large) bullets.

Thanks.

Comments

( 0 )