Can you point custom hamburger menu items toward pages in the course, or only to outside URLs?

1598 0 4
Posted   2 years ago

I am using the Course Player theme. I need all course pages to show on the initial menu, rather than having to select Outline > Course Page, but the theme doesn't allow any changes to that menu item. It does offer several custom menu items I can add, however, it doesn't seem to allow me to choose course pages as the destinations, just URLs. 

Is there a way to edit the Outline menu option, or use the custom menu options to point to the pages inside the course to bypass the Outline menu item?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 4 )

Posted   2 years ago

You are correct.  You can only add published URLs there.  

However, if your project is published as a web project and hosted on a web server, you can utilize our contentAPI to provide a link that will access that (or any other web published project and open up a specific page).

To use this API function the address would be the URL ending in .html - then add "?subeoid=XXXX" where XXXX is the page ID.  Page IDs can be found by viewing the page properties.

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

Where have you been all my DominKnow life??? Thank you. I can't believe I missed that teeny tiny little box! I've looked at that screen dozens of times and I thought those were the footer options that couldn't be used in Flow. Thanks so much!

Comments

( 1 )
2 years ago     Paul Schneider     753   |   8  

Happy to help!

Posted   2 years ago

Thanks! That's very helpful. The reason I ask is because I am using the Course Player theme, and the only option for seeing the course pages in the hamburger menu is to activate the Outline option, which is an extra step before viewing all the course pages and being able to navigate to them, and the feedback I've gotten is that the course owner wants that changed. I thought that I could sidestep it by using the custom menu items, which also look more like what my client wants. Is there any other way to make a change to this option? Right now we have a hamburger menu with just the course outline as the sole item in it, and that, along with the extra step is causing a lot of pushback, and it hasn't even been rolled out to any users yet. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for your help.

Comments

( 1 )

There is a Pin Outline open option for Course Player in the theme Designer that could provide this.

Posted   2 years ago

Thanks. I'll see if they would prefer that for the desktop view. I notice that the navigation < > and hamburger menu aren't available in mobile view.  Is there a way to add that? Thanks for your help.

Comments

( 1 )

In the theme designer you can set which options are on for smartphone size and for all other. It sounds like you simply have those options off for the mobile size - edit the nav bar and you will see 2 sets of controls for it for the respective sizes.