Can you set an element to persistently show even after navigating to other pages WITHOUT using a variable?

1567 0 4
Posted   2 years ago

Scenario:

1. We're using a single in-line text input field with an associated variable (per screen) instead of the standard Short Essay question template (we have reasons for not being able to use the template, mostly to do with being unable to disable the default template pop-ups)
  2. We want to have feedback displayed when a custom Submit button is clicked and we want that feedback to stay visible even after they navigate away and back to the screen. This is so they don't have to click on the Submit button again when all they want to do is review the feedback. If the feedback button can also be made to be persistently hidden after usage that would be fantastic but not a deal-breaker.
  3. We may have anywhere up to 60 screens of this type in a module and would prefer not to have to build individual custom variables to switch the feedback to visible on each screen.

Has anyone had a similar requirement or solution they might share? Or is a custom variable the only way to achieve this?

Thanks!

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 4 )

Posted   2 years ago

Hi EmJay!  We've had a conversation and I have a possible solution that I can share on Monday.  And if anyone else wants to learn more about some thing like this, please feel free to join us in our User Meetups.  

Get more User Meetup info here: https://dki.io/3ec463ef

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

You're a gem, Brent! Looking forward to that catchup!

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

I'm interested what solution was presented. Was there a way to solve this?

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

Building a custom question is the answer here.  But it requires using variables to store data and whether or not the question has been answer.  So that if the user navigates away from the page after responding, the feedback elements will still display when the user returns.  It's not complicated but does require unique variables for each of the questions that are created.

I hope this helps.  If you still have questions please feel free to reach out to me directly and I can walk you thru the solution.

Comments

( 0 )