DK Analytics?

1091 0 1
Posted   one year ago

Hi, 

This might be a long shot, but I'm curious if DK has the ability to give my any data or feedback for a course. 

Once I publish a scorm package and upload it to the LMS, is there any way of getting some analystics or data around when the learner stoped, jumped out of the course, number of correct or incorrect attempts of a specific question, time on a page etc?

Thanks

Stephen

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   one year ago

Hi Stephen -

Once the SCORM package is published, it doesn't communicate any data back to dominknow | ONE. So for any reporting at all, you typically need to look to the LMS.

I say "typically" because you can set up a SCORM package to also send xAPI statements to an LRS which could give you an option for gathering data and reporting that the LMS doesn't provide. 

Comments

( 2 )
one year ago     stephen     43   |   4  

Hey Chris, Thanks for the information! Do you know of any ways or methods to get DK to send information to the LMS for user responses? You mentioned xAPI statements to and LRS, but I'm not sure what this means. Do you have any articles or information around this. We are using D2L brightspace LMS, if that helps?

one year ago     Chris Van Wingerden     1347   |   7  

If you want to send info to the LMS on what selections a learner has made on test questions, then SCORM packages will have you covered. SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 both support this, although SCORM 2004 is better at it. Here's a link for more details on that >> 4 Things Every SCORM Test Should Do When Reporting Interactions (https://scorm.com/blog/4-things-every-scorm-test-should-do-when-reporting-interactions/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=natural_search). Our SCORM packages send all SCORM-possible information over to the LMS, but I do need to note that every LMS has different reporting options and some LMSs may or may not have reporting options for the full SCORM data that the course package sends.