Different types of questions

2226 0 2
Posted   2 years ago

The course I'm building included 40 different questions, so I decided to try to import them using the Excel import function. It worked great, but I don't know if I did something wrong after they were successfully imported. 

After import, the questions were dumped into a "Test Questions" (I think that's what it was called) module/object. They're meant to be spread throughout the course, so I dragged them out of the Test Questions module and into each of their relevant Learning Objects. Unfortunately, I'm noticing some discrepancies between my imported-then-moved inline questions and the inline questions shown in the demos on the topic. More specifically, I don't have any option to change the header, which needs to happen because there's no other indicator that the question has been anwered correctly or incorrectly, and just putting it in the feedback text isn't noticeable enough. 

1. Did I err when I moved the questions into modules after import? Is there a better/preferred way to do this?
  2. Can I enable the header for the feedback that appears after the user clicks Submit, or has that been removed?

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 2 )

Posted   2 years ago

Thanks for providing our suppprt team with the additional info!

Here’s a bit more context, I hope it helps.

There are two kinds of questions available in dominKnow | ONE: Question Pages and Inline Questions.

Question Pages are used in tests (ie scored tests) and can also be used as regular content pages as a Practice activity. And they can be dragged and dropped in the structure from one use to the other – you can drag a Test Question page into the content of a Learning Object, and it switches to a non-scored practice question.

When you import questions using the Excel file approach, those are brought in as Test Question pages (which you noted in your post) and you can then move them around to other locations as needed, either as Test Questions for a different Learning Object or as Practice Pages in an LO.

We also have Inline Questions available on the Engage tab, which are really very simple question components. You can addthese to any page, and even add more than one to the same page. But these can’t be used for scored questions, they are only usable as an activity in the main content.

Here’s a link about these different question types.

From what I see in the info you provided to our support team, it looks like you’re viewing the lesson to edit the Inline Questions – but editing those is different than editing the Question Pages. 

Here’s how to edit a Multiple Choice question page.

The same basics apply to any of the other types of Question Pages as well.

Hope this helps!

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

Let's have our support team take a look. I'll send this over to them.

Comments

( 0 )