Disable/Enable Next button

1431 0 4
Posted   2 years ago

I have disabled the "Next" navigation button on a page in Flow. I don't want to enable it until the learner has viewed all content on the page. This includes a popup window that the learner accesses by clicking on an image on the page. I have set the action to "Enable the Next button" when the image has been "Interacted with" and then set the action to "When clicked". But when I get to that page, the Next button is automatically enabled. Is what I am trying to do possible in Flow? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 4 )

Posted   2 years ago
  ●   Edited   2 years ago

Hi Tim - Let's send this to our support team to take a look at what you have set up. Doesn't sound like a bug issue, probably just a small detail still needed. You can definitely disable and enable the Next button in a Flow project.

In addition to setting an Enable Next action based on a specific trigger such as a button being clicked, we also have a page-based trigger that tracks the completion of all content on a page automatically (has everything been viewed, have all the buttons been clicked, have all tabs in a Tab Set been viewed, etc.). Here's more info on that >> Page Trigger - Is Complete

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

Thanks for following up. This is an important requirement for our client, as the course is a certification and learners have to view all content. 

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

I followed the instructions for the "Page Trigger - Is Complete" but that still doesn't work. As soon as the page loads the Next button is enabled. I need to keep it disabled until the image on the page is clicked and the popup window displayed.

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

I have been able to get this functionality to work as required. Thanks for the links to the various options.

Comments

( 1 )
2 years ago     Chris Van Wingerden     1347   |   7  

Excellent, glad it's doing what you need.