Editing the default Menu Options

1813 0 1
Posted   2 years ago

Hi 

Is there a way to alter the default menu options?

I.e. I'd like to remove the glossary and resource options from the menu. 

Thanks

Stephen

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   2 years ago

Yes you can turn items in the menu on/off and more from the theme editors Player Experience section. You do need to be an admin to edit Players. 

The attached show me shows how to make a new theme. You could do that first if you want to experiment with options of the theme styles and player. If you don't want to experiment then instead of selecting New, select your theme and click Edit. Then select the circle radio at the top labeled Player. Then edit the Menu options by unchecking the ones you don't want. 

Comments

( 4 )
2 years ago     stephen     43   |   4  

Hey, Thanks for the info Luke. Strangely I can't see any check box when i edit the player options or menu options. Even when I'm create a new player theme. The player is the course player, and my permission is Administrator. Any advice or suggestions on why this might be happening? Thanks Stephen

2 years ago     Luke Hickey     289   |   4  

Are you accessing the theme editor from the App menu -> New or the ribbon? Edit from the ribbon doesn’t show all the Player options only styles and colors etc.

2 years ago     Luke Hickey     289   |   4  

Also note that the system defaults likely won’t let you change them you need to make a new one from the default.

2 years ago     stephen     43   |   4  

Hey! Yep! That's what it was, i was create a new from the ribbon not the app. Seems to work well now, I can customise the player's menu! Thanks!