Embed an Assessment

1352 0 2
Posted   one year ago

I have an assessment that I created in another platform that I want to embed in dominKNow instead of re-creating the entire assessment. I know that I can link to it, but I want the learner to engage with my dominKnow content and take the assessment from another platform on the same page in dominKnow.  Is this possible? If so, how can I do it?

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 2 )

Posted   one year ago

If you have a URL for the external assessment, you could place it on a page in a dominKnow | ONE project.

With the Ribbon toggled on, go to the Insert tab and select Video >> From URL. This will set up an iframe on the page that can display the target URL.

Keep in mind that the learner's identity won't be passed to the assessment being displayed in the iframe, so if that URL has a login they'll still have to do that. Also, the dominKnow | ONE course content won't be able to know/access any details about the assessment, such as a passing score or even if the learner completed it.

For better data and reporting consitency, it's probably better to set the two items up as a curriculum in your LMS where the learner takes the dominKnow | ONE course first then takes the test as a second item/activity in the LMS. 

Comments

( 1 )
one year ago     bouldrickd     36   |   4  

Thank you Chris!

Posted   one year ago

Hi,

This isn't an answer, but I'm having a similar issue. 

There's a PDF I want to link to, but we don't have the rights to it. Short of just creating a URL link to it, is there any way I can embed it in an iFrame for the learner to see it, in the course? 

I've tried going to video- From URL, but I get an error page everytime. This is the URL: https://www.aihw.gov.au/getmedia/f4c958c3-98e9-46dd-8176-5da15cc2141e/prisoner_facts_infographic.pdf.aspx 

Any help would be awesome! 

Thanks

Stephen

Comments

( 4 )
one year ago     Chris Van Wingerden     1347   |   7  

I've sent this over to our Support team. I can access the URL directly, but like you when I try to embed it on the page (Insert tab >> Video >> From URL) I also get the error. I also tried opening it from a button action. When I try to open it in a modal window the display error also occurs, but opening it in a new browser window works successfully. So there seems to be something up with trying to display that URL within a dominKnow | ONE content page/project.

one year ago     stephen     43   |   4  

Thanks Chris, Let me know if there's anything you need from my end.

one year ago     Chris Van Wingerden     1347   |   7  

Our support team has looked into this and unfortunately it's a security setting on the hosting server, which is set to not allow the page to be embedded.

one year ago     stephen     43   |   4  

Ah! right so it's something on the hosting side. Thanks for the update :)