How do I add Alt. text to an image.

2304 0 1
Posted   3 years ago

I've read the guide it says to right click another place it says double click neither works in dominknow. At the bottom of the screen I see Accessibility tab with Alt Text and a fill in but can't find a way to made the grayed out Edit Asset button work.

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   3 years ago

Simplest thing to do is select the image then select the Accessibility tab below the stage.

On the Accessibility tab, you just need to add the text into the Screen reader text and/or Alt text fields, and it will save automatically. (In the lower right corner of the interface you'll see the Saved change to Saving... briefly.)

If you do this, but the text you add to these fields doesn't get saved (select a different item on the stage then select the image once more to check) then we'll have our support team check to see if there's an issue.

The Edit Asset button isn't actually related to saving or editing the Alt text or Screen reader text (although I can see how it's location might suggest that it's connected to changing those fields). It opens the asset's properties panel where you can add or change the image's Description and Tags (keywords) which are used in the Media Library.

Hope this helps!

Comments

( 0 )