How do I ensure that I am designing an accessible product on Dominknow flo?

773 0 2
Posted   one year ago

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 2 )

Posted   one year ago

I would suggest you take a look at the articles in our WCAG Collection. Here you will find a number of resources on the topic as well as information about classes. Some general tips, but by no means exhaustive:

1. Pick a Flow theme that has a green WCAG stamp on it
  2. Add in Alt text for images
  3. Add in closed captioning (or transcript) for video files
  4. Follow the suggested hints on accessibility provided in the interface under the accessibility tab

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   one year ago

In addition to Paul's tips, here are some more things it might help to be aware of.

In Flow, the tabbing order of a page for screen reader and keyboard users is the actual page layout from top to bottom and left to right within sections, rows and groups. In Claro the tabbing order is set on the Page Layers tab, where the tabbing order matches the page stacking order.

For many elements you add to a page such as accordion menus or tab sets, our team has taken great care to ensure that the tabbing order is sensible and helpful for keyboard users. But you might wish to also include information on how to navigate these items as Screen Reader text on the Accessibility panel below the stage.

There are also many aspects of accessibility that are outside of what an authoring tool can control such as color use (for persons with different types of color blindness) and contrast (for persons with vision impairments). And you can learn more about many of these in the WCAG Collection that Paul has mentioned above.

And if you want to learn even more, we do offer specialized training on authoring for accessibility. You can find all the details about that here: Accessibility Training: WCAG/508 with dominKnow | ONE

Comments

( 0 )