How do I hide a "next" button at the bottom of a Flow page, but have it show once the page is completed?

2021 0 1
Posted   2 years ago

Good morning!

I've already created an action for the player controls to have the "next" button accessible only once the page content has been viewed, but I have an additional "next" button at the bottom of my Flow page. How do I also make this only accessible once the learner has viewed all of the page content (including flip cards, tabs, etc.)?

Thank you!

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   2 years ago

If you've already added the Next button to the bottom of the page, next step is to set it to be hidden on load:

1. Select the button element on the page
  2. Select the Interact tab (you need to have the Ribbon toggled on for this)
  3. In the Element Interactions section of the Interact tab, select Hidden On Load

Next, you can use the Page is Complete trigger to trigger a Show action to show the button when the learner has completed all the content on the page.

Here's a lesson on the Page is Complete trigger.

The lesson uses this trigger to enable the Next button on the navigation bar. For what you want to do, just stay on the Hides and Shows tab on step 4 and select Show. Then select Next and continue setting up the rest of the action on the right-side panel to Show the Next Button element you've added at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps!

Comments

( 6 )
2 years ago     Kimagine_1969     26   |   4  

Thanks, Chris! I did this for the page actions, but wondering if I can "hide" the "next" button that I added at the bottom and "show" once the page has been completed? Thank you!

2 years ago     Chris Van Wingerden     1347   |   7  

Hi Kim - The steps I outlined are the steps to do that, to hide a button element on the page until the learner completes all of the pages content above it. But let us know if these steps don't work.

Ok, thank you, Chris! :-)

I've applied the steps to the next button element, and it isn't working. It's actually negating the player controls up above to allow navigation to the next page as well. :-(

2 years ago     Chris Van Wingerden     1347   |   7  

ok, let's move this over to our support team to follow up and see what might be happening. I'll send this over to them.

Much appreciated, Chris!