How to create a pan and zoom?

844 0 1
Posted   one year ago

Hi,

Can you create a pan and zoom image within DK?

I have an an image that contains a lot of text within it. Some users find the text hard to read and have requested a zoom.
The zooms I have found, tend to only zoom in the center and once zoomed in, you're unable to pan around. Is this possible within DK? This is the last piece of the puzzle before I go back to the client and request another image.

Thanks

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   one year ago

We do have a pan/zoom animation which is explained on this page in our User Guide >> Animations and Effects Samples.

But it is complex to work with.

A different approach might be to add icons over the image which then open up a modal window with a more-readable (cropped) portion of the image. For example, if you had an icon for each quarter section of the image, clicking the icon for the upper left section fires a Show Image in a Lightbox Action, and the lightbox image is just that upper left section of the image (cropped from the original).

If it's just the text that needs to be read, you could also add Markers over the image and when the learner clicks on the marker you could display the text to them in the marker's text popup.

For both of these approaches, you can add the icons or markers directly as layers over the image by selecting the image then selecting the purple + icon. (And this would be the only way to do this in Flow.)

Hope this helps!  

Comments

( 1 )
one year ago     manvir.gill     18   |   2  

Hi,

Thank you for the response! I was able to get that pan and zoom working, but it doesn't work exactly as required. I would like to pan and zoom into where the mouse hovers, rather than a predetermined location using X,Y. As it stands, I'm able to zoom into (50,50) when I hover over the image, and return to normal when I hover off the image, but I want to be able to manually move around the zoomed in image.

Is there no way in DK to manually capture mouse coordinates, zoom into that location and move around if needed, and then hover off? I'm open to a more technical way if it is possible.

Thanks