I am using the chapter tiles template in flow for a current client project, i am wondering is there a setting to make it show they have to view the first chapter tile before they can view the second, third and so on? Also, is there a setting for when they are inside the chapter to make them follow the order of the navigation on the side and not let them jump around but make them view all content on the current page before being able to hit the next button or the side navigation links?

1294 0 5
Posted   2 years ago

We really like this layout and i believe it works very well for my current client needs but just need an answer to the above questions. 

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 5 )

Posted   2 years ago

Unfortunately this theme (Tutorial Theme) is designed for an informal approch so it does NOT lock out the pages or LO order from advancing.

You could though create your own custom navigation page that is similar to that design (even using the system variables for descriptions) and then use a combination of branching and variables to provide this type of experience and lock the order in which the user could access the content and accomplish the goals you've provided here.

Comments

( 2 )
2 years ago     jhermes18     16   |   5  

so is there a tutorial on how to create my own custom navigation page?

2 years ago     jhermes18     16   |   5  

let me also ask, so the current project i am working on has 3 different series, 100s, 200s, and 300s. And within each series there is much sections like for example - 100s have 3 sections - 101, 102 and 103 and each series contains a certain number of videos. Could you recommend a template that may work well for this? maybe something similar to the chapter tiles but i can force people to go in order?

Posted   2 years ago

so is there a tutorial on how to create my own custom navigation page?

et me also ask, so the current project i am working on has 3 different series, 100s, 200s, and 300s. And within each series there is much sections like for example - 100s have 3 sections - 101, 102 and 103 and each series contains a certain number of videos. Could you recommend a template that may work well for this? maybe something similar to the chapter tiles but i can force people to go in order?

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

This tutorial I believe will provide you with most of what you are looking for: https://dki.io/bd1c1add

(there are many ways to do this though).

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

let me also ask, so the current project i am working on has 3 different series, 100s, 200s, and 300s. And within each series there is more sections like for example - 100s has 3 sections - 101, 102 and 103 and each series contains a certain number of videos. Could you recommend a template that may work well for this? maybe something similar to the chapter tiles but i can force people to go in order?

Comments

( 1 )
2 years ago     Paul Schneider     743   |   8  

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but if you turn on the publishing option to lock forward navigation (2nd tab) and use a no nav theme (vertical with nav turned off) or course player or storyview for example you can then prevent a jump ahead and on individual pages you can turn off the next button navigation and then on your video, add an action that when complete it will enable the next button. If you want the chapter tiles look and feel, follow the guidelines in the tutorial, but disable set it so the other sections aren't accessible/can't be activated until the previous one is marked "complete"

Posted   2 years ago

on the storyview when it goes down to the mobile size the logo that is on the homepage doees not shrink to fit the window. is there a way to fix that?

Comments

( 1 )
2 years ago     Paul Schneider     743   |   8  

The logo is designed to be a fixed size and if the recommended size (in the theme designer) is used it won't need to shrink - and thus isn't set to respond. You may be able to use the inspector in your browser and add custom CSS to override the default settings. You could also incorporate the logo into your hero image as a single image if that would be more appropriate.