Insert slide

634 0 1
Posted   11 months ago

Hello

When I am in the middle of a bunch of slides and insert a new slide, the new one goes way down to the end of the stack. I need then drag it up to the place I need it. Between two slides.
I need to be able to insert slides at any point in a stack of slides.
Thank you to your support
Mahesh

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   11 months ago

As you've noted, new pages will always be added at the end of the content, specifically at the end of the Learning Object you are currently working on. Here are a couple of tips that can help you with this.

First, you'll probably find it more effective to have the Project Outline panel set to List view instead of the default Card view. In Card view, you'll only see a few pages at a time without having to scroll, where as in List view you'll see many more pages at once without needing to scroll, making it easier to move pages around by dragging and dropping.

This article explains these two display options, and how to switch between them:

The Left-Side Panel - Card View and List View >> https://dki.io/6e27f012

A second tip is about our Learning Object approach itself, which is different than what many other tools offer, it's an opportunity for you to structure your content around topics or enabling objectives within the Project or course. You can group your content pages into LOs rather than having pages alone, so instead of a 50-page course you could have a course that has let's say 12 topics, and each topic contains 4 or 5 pages on average.

There are a lot of instructional design and content re-use strategies that you'll benefit from by taking the Learning Object approach, including that LOs are re-usable as synchronized shared content across multiple projects or courses which helps reduce content creation time as well as the effort required to update content.

For your specific need of moving pages around less, as I mentioned above when you add a new page it gets added at the end of the LO you are currently working on. If you only have one LO, and it has 50 pages in it you'll be moving your pages a lot more/further than if you are adding a page into an LO that has just 4 pages in it.  

This article explains Learning Objects in more detail:

Learning Objects – an Introduction >> https://dki.io/1e656c6d

Comments

( 0 )