Java script to open the course outline

1545 0 1
Posted   2 years ago
  ●   Edited   2 years ago

Hi, 

I'm trying to make a header with a few custom buttons that is specific to the course. 

Rather than use a player only for the outline, is it possible to add some java script that will allow a button in the header to open the course outline? 

I want to avoid adding in the custom buttons to the player, as that would mean making a new player for every course I create as they all need different links. Having them all in the same section would also decrease the amount of space taken up at the top, as currently there is one row for the player and another row underneath for the custom buttons.  

Any help would be great. 

Thanks

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   2 years ago

If you want to open the course player outline then you need to use the course player theme. You can use headers and footers to make your own navigation but it much more effort to manage/maintain over time and it isn't very reusable accross projects, you can copy/duplicate or store in the library but you can't edit centrally to have projects that use them updated automatically. Using custom headers/footers would also lose the built in WCAG accessibility and language translations.

Have you looked at the Player Settings within the Theme Designer? AppMenu -> New -> Theme. From the Theme Designer  you can modify the options that appear in the header so you don't have to use all of the options we include by default. It is quite extensive what can be edited and there are a number of alternate variations of the button layouts.

See the attached Capture, Step 9 to see the Player Settings screen or watch the first few steps to see how to open the Theme Designer and make a new theme from default Course Player.

Comments

( 0 )