Leaving a page at completed state

54 0 1
Posted   23 days ago

How do I get a page to remain in the completed state (i.e. inline question answered, tab viewed action complete, audio played) if I navigate back to it for a second time.

I have an inline question in a module that I would like to remain complete if a learner navigates back to that page after having completed the question correctly. I also have narration that plays that I would like to not play if navigated back. Is this possible?

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   18 days ago

The content pages don't store/remember what has been completed on them on at item/action/interaction level. SCORM, obviously, tracks that a page was completed but the status of inline question components for example isn't tracked/stored automatically.

In part this is due to the fact that the course/Project doesn't keep all pages in memory. It only keeps the current page plus one previous page as well as pre-loading one Next page into memory. So if the learner completes something on page 5 then goes forward to page 9, if they return to page 5 it gets re-loaded over again.   

You could do a couple of things to help learners with this, though. Variables are stored for the course, so they persist during the whole session and can even be passed as part of the SCORM data to cross fom one session to the next. So once the learner completes a page you could set a variable to reflect that and use that to tell the narration not play on a second visit.

And although you can't store the selections of an inline question and re-load them into the question when the page re-loads, you could set a variable that the question was completed correctly then, on return to that page hide the question and show a different item as a note saying "You've already completed this question correclty" and this could even include the correct responses as part of the messaging. 

Comments

( 1 )
23 hours ago     aandersonsf1     0   |   1  

Is there a resource that could help me with the coding? I undestand the logic but am not familiar with programming the variables or any scripts to make this happen.