Non-Scored Question Reporting

878 0 1
Posted   one year ago

When non-scored questions are utilized within a DominKnow course, does it report the user's participation in answering these questions back to the LRS or LMS? If it does report, does it report the answer the user provided, or just that they answered the question? Is this a setting somewhere within the publishing profile?

Thank you!

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   one year ago
  ●   Edited   one year ago

Great question. If you publish it as a SCORM 1.2 or 2004 package all test question answers are reported to the LMS automatically using the standard CMI formatting for SCORM. In SCORM 2004, Question Text is supported and sent as well. 

If you use xAPI (alone or with SCORM), we report this same data along with some additional details. One addition aspect to note is that with xAPI we report data for practice questions too. Practice question data is not supported by SCORM standards and so this data would only be reported if you used our xAPI analytics option and had an LRS to receive the data. 

If you use our generic form controls to create a question you would need to capture that data through a variable tied to the form control and then send a custom xAPI statement (through the trigger/actions) to capture this information.

Comments

( 3 )
one year ago     admin     15   |   2  

What do you mean by "generic form controls"? I used the "add a question" function, and then chose "as practice question". Do I need to add this extra functionality you are describing or is it already included within these types of questions?

one year ago     Paul Schneider     753   |   8  

Any "add a question" option is a test or practice question - based on if you put it in the question folder (assessment test at the end of the module) or within the work flow of pages (practice question/knowledge check).

The Form controls are found under "Insert->Form Controls" section. These are for more custom designs. In your case I do not think you will need them. (Here is an Article on Adding and Managing Interactive Elements such as these: https://share.cds.dominknow.one/934f0ed62cf21edb17852afcf128a8ad/5ee4bba1-93f5-3270-903e-9647db74f802/A9D752B2-CEAB-639F-7A67-BCA82F85892E/index.html?subeoid=435422

one year ago     admin     15   |   2  

Thank you! Appreciate your quick help!