Question about buttons (Show/HIde) on page revisit

890 0 1
Posted   one year ago

On page load, I show a grey (intactive) next button and I hide the active blue next button. When page activities are complete, the grey next button will be hidden and the active blue next button will show. The problem I am running into is after the learner completes this page, goes on to the next page, decides to go back to the page--both grey and blue buttons are showing. What I want to happen is this:

Going forward for the first page visit, the grey button shows/active button hides until actions completed, then ONLY the active button shows on page return. (when learner goes back).  

I have tried to configure this with number variables and exceptions but I believe I am way over-thinking it. Can you give me some simple steps on what triggers I need to build to make this happen?

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   one year ago

So one of the easiest ways to accomplish this is to use the built in navigation and use the when learning is complete to trigger/enable the next button (or similar type trigger.) - and then use the publishing profile option of "Keep Forward Enabled" under the "Navigation" tab.  This will keep it enabled when someone goes back and not force them to repeat the actions. 

If however you want it to reset every time they go back to the page, then either don't use variables on the page OR set the variable to 0 or blank when the page loads- thus resetting things and making the user repeat the action. 

Comments

( 0 )