Reorder Steps in a Capture

2864 0 2
Posted   4 years ago

I asked this question somewhere else but I think it was in the wrong place.

Is there a way to reorder steps when you are editing a capture? It doesn't always come out perfectly the first time and I need to redo some scenes but now I can't figure how to move them to the correct order. 

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 2 )

Posted   one year ago

FYI Since this was posted you can now drag and drop and reorder steps.

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   4 years ago

Yeah, currently the steps can't be re-ordered when you are editing a Capture file.

But here are a few tips that can help in cases where the original Capture process needs to be massaged. 

If you're a Mac user or a Windows user and have downloaded the OpenH264 Video Codec, you can scrub the timeline below each step to choose different frames. It's really helpful for software tools that have long transitions between when you click a button and the next thing is actually shown in the tool. (Microsoft Office products, for instance) have transitions that we don't notice as users, but boy you notice when you're trying to do a lesson!)

Also, the Insert Step options are really helpful if you've missed a step in the original capture process. The Insert Step with new Image re-opens the red screen capture frame in the same location on your screen so you can take a new image and it gets added as a new step. Before choosing that option, select the Step that's ahead of the place you want to insert the new step (in the sequence).

Sometimes when doing the Capture it's helpful to add in extra screen images using the shortcut keys (Command+Shift+A on Mac, Ctrl+Shift+A on Windows) as your doing the main "clicks". It's a good way to make sure you have extra steps to work with, in case you need them.

I hope these are helpful! 

Chris

Comments

( 0 )