When the course is paused while a tab is open, when you press play to continue, the narration goes back to the main slide and not to the narration that is relevant to the pop-up tab.

1951 0 3
Posted   3 years ago

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 3 )

Posted   2 years ago

Thanks for the additional information, it's very helpful.

Probably the main thing to understand is that only one audio file can be set as narration and controlled by the Play/Pause button on the navigation bar by design. We have that information in this overview of the audio controls check out the bullet point about the Set as Narration button.

So that's why in your page the main audio plays again when you press the play/pause. That button on the navigation bar isn't able to connect to or control the additional audio files. Obviously, when you have multiple audio files on a page the play/pause on the navigation bar can be confusing.

One option you might try is having all the audio in one file. On your buttons or tabs that would play separate audio files, you could set the action to play just the time portion needed for that button tab in the one main audio file. To do this:

1. Select the button or tab on the authoring stage
  2. Seleect the Interact tab in the ribbon
  3. Select Actions
  4. Select Media & Timers on the left-side menu
  5. Select Play Media
  6. Select Next
  7. On the right-side panel that opens, select the audio file.
  8. In the settings below that, select the checkbox for Add a start time. You'll see a timer option shown, as well as the option to Add an end time. Set these to whatver portion of the audio file is required for that specific button or tab.

Hope this helps!

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

I am using Pause button which is in the navigation Bar.

More details: Yes I have multiple audio in the page.

I have created a custom tab interactive page, i have 3 tabs/button on screen. on page load in have audio which paly.

when user click on each tab then from a respective layer the content and audio plays and text appears, as the audio plays from the layer now when I use Pause button from navigation bar then the main audio and animation starts playing (which is base layer). 

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   3 years ago

Some information that will help us understand better:

Are there multiple audio files on the page?

What are you using to Pause - the controls for an audio file or the Pause button on the navigation bar (if there is one)?

Thanks!

Comments

( 0 )