Why do actions disappear?

1550 0 1
Posted   2 years ago

Good morning!

I am having trouble modifying any "link to URL" actions (navigation and branching). They seem to disappear when I go in to view them under the "actions" tab in the sidebar. I'm also finding that the link that I indicate in the action settings doesn't work all of the time. I would prefer the links to be "modal" but they don't always work this way, and I have to get it to open in a new window (which isn't ideal for my purposes).

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you,
Kim

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   2 years ago
  ●   Edited   2 years ago

One item that sometimes can cause a problem is that changes in the right flyout MUST be saved with the update/save button in the lower right corner.  Sometimes users will make a change there and then click on a new action etc. The right flyout is unique in that it doesn't save the choices you have made until you click update. This can lead to the problems you describe.

If you believe this is not the case, please reach out to support and proivde them with the steps you are using to perform the actions so they can assist you directly.

FYI to be clear this is NOT the "Commit button" - that saves a version of the page. This is when you open a right flyout to add or edit an action or question or properties.  There will be an add/update/save button in the right flyout.  

Comments

( 3 )
2 years ago     Kimagine_1969     26   |   4  

Thank you for the suggestion, Paul. I tried that, and it's still not saving my actions so that I can go in and modify them later. Perhaps the update will fix this?

2 years ago     Paul Schneider     743   |   8  

Hi Kim, this is not expected behavior. Please contact support and provide them with full details so the can work with you on this problem. It sounds like it is easily replicable.

2 years ago     Kimagine_1969     26   |   4  

Will do that. Thanks again, Paul!