can a dropped object trigger branching to another page?

2002 0 4
Posted   3 years ago

Hello,

I set up a page where a draggable object can be dropped into 4 different targets. Each target is associated with a different page, and I would like for the draggable object to trigger branching to page 1 when dropped into target 1, to page 2 when dropped into target 2, etc. 

However, when I choose the trigger "When a draggable is dropped on this target," there is no option to choose the function "Branch out to xy page," but rather only to "go to the next page" or "go to the previous page."

Is it possible for draggable objects to trigger going to any given page?

Thank you for your response,

Tea

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 4 )

Posted   3 years ago

Hi Chris,

That's what I ended up doing! It's a workaround, but it works. :)

Thanks for your help!

Tea

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   3 years ago
  ●   Edited   3 years ago

Hi Tea -

Are you using a drag and drop question page or are you using the "simpler" Drag Settings/Drop Settings options on the Interact tab?

Thanks!

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   3 years ago

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding!

It's not a question page, just a regular page with a draggable object and four drop targets. I'm trying to use the trigger "When a draggable is dropped on this target" and then assign the function "Branch to page," but I don't get that function among the options in the "Element interactions" column on the right. I do get the latter option when starting directly from "Actions," but there I can't choose the trigger "When a draggable is dropped on this target."

I hope this helps clarify it.

Thank you for any suggestions on how to get around this!

Tea

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   3 years ago
  ●   Edited   3 years ago

Hi Tea -

So at this time, there isn't a way to have a dropped item trigger a page branch directly. 

What you can do, though, is use the "When a draggable item is dropped on this target" trigger to show another element on the page, like a button, which can then have the appropriate Page Branch Action.

The drop trigger could even show multiple items, like a text field with instructions/directions as well as the button they click to go the related page, which gives you a chance to also provide a bit of information or direction to the learner, so they know what will happen next. 

Hope this helps!

Comments

( 0 )