We'll get back to basics with Dr. Merrill and discuss the 5 principles of instruction that cover all other theories of instruction. This is the foundation of learning and required knowledge for all practicing instructional designers.
If you can't join us but are desperate to know the First Principles of Instruction. Well, here they are:
- Learning is promoted when learners are engaged in solving real-world problems
- Learning is promoted when existing knowledge [and skill] is activated as a foundation for new knowledge [and skill]
- Learning is promoted when new knowledge is demonstrated to the learner
- Learning is promoted when new knowledge is applied by the learner
- Learning is promoted when new knowledge is integrated into the learner’s world