Can’t find the answers you’re looking for among the many informative posts already on Clarofy? Not to worry, this article will teach you how to post a question of your own to help you, and others like you, find the information you need. Follow the steps below to get started.
Note: You must be logged in to ask a question in Clarofy.
To ask a question in Clarofy:
- From the top of the page, click the Ask Question button to open the Ask Question page.
- Input your question into the Question field.
Note: If a similar question has already been asked, the system will provide you with a link(s) to the question. There is a number in front of the link to indicate how many times that question has been upvoted. If the number is highlighted in green, that means that the question has an answer that has been approved by the creator of the question. Click the link to view the question. If the suggested question does’t provide the information you are looking for, simply use the Back button on your browser to return to your question.
- Use the Description field to add more context to your question.
Note: You can use the tool bar above the Description field to format your text.
- Use the Tags field to input any relevant terms to help other users find your question. Be sure to separate tags with commas.
- When you’re done, click the Ask Question button at the bottom of the page. Your question has now been submitted—thank you for your contribution! You will receive email notification when another user responds to your question.
In addition to asking a general question in Clarofy, you can also ask a question on specific non-questions posts to request clarity. Follow the instructions below to learn more.
To ask a question on another post:
- Locate and select the post for which you want to ask a question. The post will open.
- Scroll to the bottom of the post and you will see an Ask Question input field. Type your question in this field.
- When you’re done, click Ask Question. Depending on their notification settings, the post creator may receive an email notifying them of your question.