Quickly create your own library of Sections to add to any page as design templates 

When you have a Section selected on a Flow page either on the Page Structure panel (1) or on the breadcrumb (1), the Favorite option is available on the Selection Control Bar above the stage.

Selecting Favorite (2) offers two options (3), Add to My Sections and Add to Project Sections:

The Add to My Sections option saves the Section so it can be used by you to add to any Project. Think of this as your own personal library of sections to use as Layouts in any Project. 

The Add to Project Sections saves the Section so it can be used by any author in the Project to add to the Project. Think of it as a design or layout library for the Project.

And any Project Sections saved in a Baseline Project will be available in any new Projects made from that Baseline. 

NOTE: Saving a section in Flow does not preserve any actions assigned to any elements.

Think of the saved section as essentially a design or layout section.

If you want to create Sections that include custom actions, you can set them up as Pages in a Baseline Project. You can then copy them into other Projects and the actions will be preserved.

Here's an article that covers more about Baseline Projects:

Working With Baseline Projects >> 

Selecting the Add to My Sections option opens the Save My Section panel.

The panel shows a preview of the thumbnail image that will be saved for the Section.

On the panel:

1. Add a Title for the Section
  2. Add a Description for the Section
  3. Select Done

Adding a Saved Section to a Page

When you open the Add to your Page panel, the Favorites tab includes a section for Saved Sections.

It has lists for My Sections and for Project Sections.

If you roll your mouse cursor over a thumbnail and pause, a panel opens to show the thumbnail, title and description.

Underneath the main thumbnail is a Preview option.

Selecting this opens the saved section in a full-size preview pane. 

When you add a saved section to a page, it is will display any relevant Theme settings for the project you are working in, including font and color settings. The full-size preview pane shows these theme settings as part of the preview.  

The Saved Sections section also has an Edit option.

Selecting Edit allows you to delete any saved sections using the x shown on the thumbnail.

Selecting Settings below a thumbnail opens a panel to edit the Title and Description.

When you are finished editing, select Done.

0     0

Similar Projects

Questions  ( 0 )