Above the Stage area as you work in Claro are two bars:
Controls for design, position and more
The black bar is the Breadcrumb Bar.
Working from right to left, it shows the selected Element, the Layer it is in, the Page and the Project.
You can rename the Element or the Layer by selecting it in the Breadcrumb then typing the new name. Use your Enter/Return key to set the changed name or select another part of the interface to leave the editing mode and the new name will be saved.
The grey bar above the Breadcrumb Bar is the called the Selection Control Bar. The options available here depend on what is selected in the breadcrumb bar – an Element, a Layer, the Page or the Project.
Element Selection Control Bar
If you select an Element in the breadcrumb, here are the controls that are available:
Add a Fill Color
The first option on the left is to add a Fill color to the Element.
Selecting this option opens the Pick A Fill panel:
The top row of color choices available here are the Theme colors, the other color choices are lighter and darker options based on the Theme colors.
Add a Background (Fill) Image
The second option is to add a background Image to the Element. Selecting this option opens the Media Background panel:
To add an image select the icon for the location of the image file – the Media Library, the Stock Assets collection or the People Collection.
This panel also has settings to allow you to control the image’s position in relation to the sides of the Element and the fill behavior as well as effects like scrolling and parallax.
Add a Border
The third option allows you to add a border to the Element. You use the Apply a Border panel for this:
To add the border, select the settings on the left then click the grid on the right to apply the border settings. Select the center square of the grid to apply the border to all four sides of the Element or select any of the outside squares in the grid to only apply the border to specific sides or corners.
To remove the border you must re-select the grid squares.
Apply a Project Style
Styles opens the Project Styles list:
The Project Styles are custom, inline Styles that you can apply to a Text Element. They are not Theme Styles, so they will not update if the Theme is changed or updated.
Other controls available on the Selection Control Bar for Elements include:
- Reorder - Options to help you send the Element to the back or front of the stacking order or move it up or down one step in the stacking order.
- Position controls - Set specific X and/or Y coordinates for the Element on the page.
- Snap to Location - Quickly align the Element based on the Snap To grid that is opened.
- Size Settings - Set a size for the Element on the Stage.
- Transparency setting - Set a transparency level for the Element.
- Rotation control - Rotate the Element on the Stage.
- Include in Print publishing controls - Set an Element to be NOT included if the Project is published using one of the Document publishing options.
- Delete - Deletes the Element. Deleting an Element cannot be undone.
Layer Selection Control Bar
If you select the Layer in the Breadcrumb Bar, here are the Options available on the Selection Control Bar:
From left to right, the controls are:
- Reorder - Options to help you send the Layer to the back or front of the Layer stacking order or move it up or down one step in the stacking order.
- Favorite - Save the Layer to your favorites on the Add to your page panel.
- Delete - Deletes the Layer. Deleting an Layer cannot be undone.
- Alignment and arrangement options - Quickly align or arange the elements in the Layer.
Page Selection Control Bar
If you select the Page Icon in the breadcrumb, here are the controls that are available:
The first option is to add a Fill color, the second option is to add a background Image to the Page.
Both of these will be added below the Base Layer in the stacking order of the page and will not be shown on the Layers list available under the Page tab to the left of the Stage.
The third option opens the Page Properties Panel to the right of the Stage.
The Delete button deletes the Page, which moves it to the Deleted Pages list available on the panel to the left of the Stage.
Project Selection Control Bar
If you select the Project Icon in the breadcrumb, here are the controls that are available:
The Properties option opens the Project Properties Panel to the right of the Stage.
Change Theme opens the Change Theme panel so you can switch the Theme assigned to the Project.
Page Transition lets you set the transition effect shown as the learner uses the Next and Back buttons to move from page to page in the Project.
Translation opens the translation options panel.
Insights opens the Insights panel over the Stage.
Publish Checklist opens the Publish Checklist panel.