In partnership with the BERRY Writing Group, the experts on business writing, Vado is pleased to announce our newest Toolkit. The Writing to Get Things Done® (WGTD) Toolkit combines the business writing expertise from the BERRY Writing Group with the instructional design of Vado’s courses.
Writing to Get Things Done® Toolkit will improve productivity by teaching how to use writing as a powerful tool for getting things done. Students will improve their on-the-job writing skills—writing clear, easy-to-read emails, letters, memorandums, meeting minutes, procedures, trip reports, and technical reports.
Who will benefit from this Toolkit
This Toolkit is for everyone who needs to meet important deadlines and keep projects on target, including professionals and leaders such as lawyers, engineers, analysts, managers and leaders.
The WGTD® Toolkit helps learners know how to:
- Clarify thoughts before writing.
- Separate the readers’ needs from the writer’s needs.
- Use the inverted-pyramid principle of organization.
- Use a listing paragraph format to highlight key ideas.
- Use the language of getting things done vs. business speak.
- Develop a professional tone that encourages cooperation.
- Use our three models of organization for all business writing/emails.
- Write technical information to non-technical people
Introducing the BERRY Writing Group
During the past 35 years, the BERRY Writing Group has taught Writing to Get Things Done® (WGTD) to over 55,000 corporate and government employees.
The Toolkit is based on material from five books that Mr. Berry has written or co-authored on business writing: Writing to Get Things Done, Writing and Polishing Effective Procedures, Taming the Wild Grammar Beastie, Getting Your Ideas Across When Speaking, and Writing for Conviction for Law Enforcement Professionals.