The following are key standards which have been collaboratively developed and provided to empower software and content developers with a standard approach to making contnet accessible to all.
- WCAG 2x AA (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines). Serves as a set of global standards for accessibility. Most other regulations are derived from this standard. WCAG 2.2 is in draft as of August 2020.
- ATAG (Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines). Primarily focused on social media authoring.
- UAAG (User Agent Accessibility Guidelines). Guidance for browsers, media players, readers, and other apps that render web content.
- WAI-ARIA (Web Accessibility Initiative – Accessible Rich Internet Applications). Addresses dynamic content and advanced user interface controls. WAI-ARIA v1.2 is under development.
- VPAT: Voluntary product accessibility template.