Have you asked yourself lately why you don't put a stronger focus on accessibility when creating eLearning content? Oh c'mon, you know you've made excuses why you "can't" do it. We all have at one time or another in our careers. I include myself in that. Here are just a few I'm sure you've used:
- "Yea, but nobody in our organization has a disability."
- "Yea, but nobody with a disability could do these particular jobs anyways."
- "Yea, but it costs more, and we don't have the time to spare."
- "Yea, but we're not a government agency so we don't really need to worry about it."
- "Yea, but we make a pdf transcript. That's all we need."
Your "Yea, buts" are no longer valid. Diane Elkins joins us to debunk the common myths and excuses used to avoid creating fully accessible learning experiences. She's an experienced elearning development professional who's been at the helm of Artisan Learning for 20 years. She's heard it all. But more importantly she's discovered successful responses to the "Yea, buts" and created solutions that prove the "yea, but...-ers" (Trademark pending) WRONG.
Stop being a "yea, but...-er"!
Become virtual friends with the IDIODC gang on Twitter. Remember you can always stay in the loop by searching through the #IDIODC tag:
Brent Schlenker is dominKnow's Community Manager. Chris Van Wingerden is dominKnow's Sr. VP Learning Solutions.
Want to join us live? Follow us on Crowdcast: https://www.crowdcast.io/@dominknow