System requirements and supported browsers for users of dominKnow | ONE and content published from dominKnow | ONE.
|Browser||Required Versions||Recommended Versions|
Browser Considerations For Authors/Admins:
- A high-speed internet connection will ensure the best user experience especially if you are working with online courseware, video streaming or large files.
- Browser cookies and scripting must be enabled.
- Pop-up blockers should be deactivated.
- dominKnow | ONE is designed to function with an SVGA monitor display settings at a minimum of 1024 × 768 pixels. We recommend at least 1280 × 1024 pixels as the display setting. If you have the minimum settings we recommend you put your browser in full screen mode. For more information, see Browser Full Screen Mode.
- Firewall, caching, and proxy servers and programs may need to be temporarily disabled or bypassed if authors experience issues with the system.
- Make sure your browser is not set to use proxy settings (see Proxy Settings and Local Area Network (LAN) Settings)
- Third-party toolbars may need to be temporarily disabled if authors experience issues authoring projects. In many cases toolbars and other add-ons to browsers can use up necessary screen space limiting the available authoring area.
- If you use Internet Explorer, your dominknow URL should be added as a trusted site for your browser. This URL should also be set to bypass your firewall, caching and proxy server rules.
For End Users/Reviewers
|Browser||Required Version||Recommended Version|
|Internet Explorer||11 (Edge is recommended)||End of life by MS (Edge is recommended)|
|iOS (Safari)||12.1+ (for best media support)||Newest|
Browser Considerations For End Users/Reviewers:
- Plugins such as Flash are only required if you specifically add content that requires Flash (e.g., a Flash file you created). Flash on a desktop is also used for audio/video playback for browsers that don't support HTML5 or the video encoding used by your media.
Note: Older versions of Internet Explorer don't support HTML5 and require Flash for media playback.
Note: Packages may be published with the Flash Fallback set to OFF thus preventing older Internet Explorer from render and playing media.
- A high-speed internet connection ensures the best user experience, especially if the project contains video streaming or large files.
- Browser cookies should be enabled if required by your hosting LMS.
- If you content has pop-ups windows then any Pop-up blockers must be configured accordingly.