Locking content on a page until interactions are complete with scroll fx as well?

578 0 1
Posted   8 months ago

Hi there! I am attempting to develop a project in dominKnow on a long scrolling page. I would like to show a section of content until it reaches an interaction (carousel, tabs, accorrdion etc). I then want the next section of content to appear until a new interaction. 

I know I can do this by setting up triggers, however when the elements appear, I would like it to have scroll fx, not just be there. Is it possible to link a show effect to a trigger as well as scroll fx?

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   8 months ago
  ●   Edited   8 months ago

You sure can! The Player Control action of "Scroll to Element" will let you jump to an element. 

Read about Player Controls in this article.

You can also have fun with scrolling entrance and exit effects to have different animations etc. as you are scrolling. 

And you may want to take a look at the Scroll and Reveal Theme as well. 

For an example course that uses actions and triggers see the Color Theory Project. This project can also be downloaded from the marketplace.

Comments

( 3 )
8 months ago     cchace2     0   |   0  

Thanks for your reply! I am working in the Scroll and Reveal Theme. Do you know if there is the ability to lock the continue button that takes the user to the next section until they've completed all interactions in that section?

8 months ago     Paul Schneider     753   |   8  

So if you want to lock and prevent someone from getting to the next section, you will want to switch themes to a different theme. The Scroll and Reveal theme currently will always allow people to move to the next section.

Either with another theme you could use the action/triggers to show a custom reveal section button based on the user did X or Y or both... and then that could generate the same effect as this theme.

Another option would be to have (either in the reveal and scroll theme or another theme) the next button or move to another page button (custom in reveal and scroll) only appear after all content on the page was completed (there is a player control action trigger for this) and then folks are stopped until that page content is complete.

8 months ago     Paul Schneider     753   |   8  

One other item: The Color Theory Example course shows you how you can do this. (I've updated the answer with this link)