CC Text on a phone

1978 0 3
Posted   2 years ago

I have a video in my Flow course that has an uploaded .vtt file for closed captioning. It works great on a desktop, but there's no cc text option on a phone....just the transcript. Is there a setting to allow the cc text on a phone? 

Thanks

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 3 )

Posted   2 years ago

You may need to enable the Accessibility settings on the phone, they may be off be default. Here's an article from an outside source that outlines this for iPhone and Android devices: How to View Captions on Your Smartphone

Let us know if that helps.

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 years ago

This works on an Iphone, but I have two Android testers (Samsung Galaxy 7) who followed the instructions and are reporting that the cc text does not show on their phone. This course is being deployed to areas in the field where users primarily use Android phones. How can we solve this?

Comments

( 1 )
2 years ago     Chris Van Wingerden     1347   |   7  

we'll send this over to our support team to follow up.

Posted   2 years ago

Thank you. Waiting anxiously for feedback since I can't make this course live or send to translation (as planned to help the Ukranian refugee situation and others) until this is figured out.

Comments

( 3 )

I've just checked with our Support team and they did send an email with some follow up questions. Maybe it's in your spam folder?

2 years ago     sbaum     14   |   4  

Sometimes it seems like a black hole, right? I checked my spam folder and quarantine folder and I'm not seeing anything. Can they send it again?

Looks like I mistyped your email address when forwarding the issue to them, I've let them know