The Project has four pages in total:
- Welcome which has buttons for the learner to choose between Employee and Manager. The page is set to a Publish Target "Extra".
- A lesson page about writing SMART Objectives to be shown to both target audiences. The page is set for two Publish Targets, "Employees" and "Managers".
- A page of content just for managers which has the Publish Target "Managers" applied.
- A page of content just for employees which has the Publish Target "Employees" applied.
The link above is targeted for “Extra”, so it ONLY shows the Welcome page to begin.
The learner selects one of the buttons, which reloads the Project content for the chosen target ("Employees" or "Managers").
The Welcome page is now excluded since we don’t want to offer the choice to the learner any more.
The learner now sees two pages:
- The common content page (since it's targeted for both "Employees" and "Managers", it will be included no matter which is chosen) and
- Either the employee- or manager-only target content page.
Here's how you can set the Change Publish Target action up on a button, like we did in the sample.