Adding Course Menu

490 0 3
Posted   6 months ago

I am using the no navigation theme which does not include much of the default navigation and buttons, including the course menu button. Is there a way to add this manually? I have looked through the system variables and do not see it listed nor anywhere in the tool bar? 

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 3 )

Posted   6 months ago

For sure! You can add any buttons you like on your pages, but I recommend you take advantage of our master pages.

This article gives you an introduction. When creating one there are several templates to choose from, but you can adjust them however you like.

In Claro content they will overlap the top or bottom portion of your page (based on what you add). In Flow, size wise it is dynamic, and it will add it to the top or bottom of your page. (In Flow the no nav is the Vertical Player with the Nav turned off in the custom theme settings.)

Comments

( 5 )
6 months ago     GMotto     0   |   1  

Paul,

Thanks for the response, not sure if I was clear in my question, I am using a no nav template which does not have the default header built in with nav or course menu. I would like to add the course menu to my master header page. Is there an option to do this?

6 months ago     Paul Schneider     753   |   8  

So you can do everything I described with the no nav theme. However, in terms of your question about menu, that is not currently an out of the box menu widget that you can add in.

You can certainly add forward and back navigation as I indicated, as well as add a starter page that users can use to jump to certain sections of the course.

If you want to build your own menu option, you could build a page, I recommend a target page, then create your own menu with page links to whatever sections you want and add a menu button to the header/footer that opens that page.

6 months ago     GMotto     0   |   1  

Paul,

Thanks for the clarification, I can stop looking for it, however not the answer I was hoping to receive. Might I suggest this being something the developers take into consideration adding down the road.

Thanks for the feedback. This is something already under consideration for future enhancements. We'll add you to the request.

I will also mention that, if you have JavaScript and css skills, there is a contentAPI call to open the menu and you could make changes to a theme to hide the default top nav bar. If you don't have these skills and this is critical and there is a budget, you could reach out to one of our partners/contacts that have this Expertise. I know Global Vision Media (https://dki.io/2c3df078) has done this type of custom work before.

Posted   6 months ago

Hi both.

Yes we have done this kind of thing and we could definitely assist you here. Would you be interested in our providing a quote for adding the menu without the top navigation?

Many thanks
Peter

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   6 months ago

Hi GMotto

Just wondering if you would be interested to catch up to see if we can assist? if so please email me at phawkins@gvmedia.com.au

Comments

( 0 )