Remove page number from page count total?

413 0 1
Posted   6 months ago

I have 4 quiz questions built as a branching elements and do not want their page count to be included in the overall total, can I remove them from the count? 

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 1 )

Posted   6 months ago

It sounds like these are set up as practice/knowledge check questions that provide immediate feedback.

Assuming yes, then when added to the course structure (unlike test questions which provide overall feedback and are scored), they are pages within the project.

If you do not want them to be pages counted in the project, you can build them as Target Pages. Then when you want the question to appear you can branch to the Target page and from that page branch back to the course structure. (Target pages can also be opened in a light box and then there is no branching.) Target pages are not part of the overall structure and page count. 

To do this quickly, access the Target Pages in the course strucutre and the Copy pages from another Project. Pick your existing project and then select the page(s) from your main Project structure and copy them into your Target pages. Once copied in you can then delete them from your project structure and create the branching/links to the appropriate Target pages.

Comments

( 4 )
6 months ago     GMotto     0   |   1  

The "Target" page is easy enough, but question, considering this is a knowledge review and we want the user to answer the question before closing the lightbox, is there a way to prevent them from just clicking the close button on the lightbox window? I currently do not see any trigger or variable options for this?

6 months ago     Paul Schneider     753   |   8  

Ah so in the case where you want to prevent them from moving forward you would need to instead branch to the target page and then the "branch back" link would be hidden until they got it right. You will need to add actions to the target page to show the "branch back" - e.g., when submitted answer is correct.

6 months ago     GMotto     0   |   1  

Paul,
I fully understand what you are saying, but even if I hide or disable the branch back until they get the right answer, this still will not prevent the close button from working on the lightbox? I already have the questions to only branch back when the correct answer is submitted, but this does not affect the controls of the close button for the lightbox window. Again I am not seeing any options for controlling this function. (the close button)

6 months ago     Paul Schneider     753   |   8  

Hi, I've led you a bit wrong. I was thinking you could "branch" to a target page. You can not do that. (It is something we are thinking about for the future.

There are a couple options.
Page in a lightbox
1. - on that page, when they get it right (don't worry about nav) have a button goto the next page or just when they get it right goto the next page.
2. you can also add an action that when the button to open the lightbox is displayed it displays a message, that they must get it right before moving on. (so that appears on that main page)
3. If you want to get extra fancy you can inspect the code and identify the close button icon. In your theme designer you can set div to not be visible. Then the close button will not appear for any lightbox modal pages when using that theme.

Alternatively - a 2nd Module
You can put your practice questions in a 2nd module in the course.
1. For the 2nd Module properties set the module to not show up in the Course Menu
2. In the page that goes to a practice question - disable next - and then have a button that branches to the page in teh 2nd module.
3. On your practice question pages diable the built in nav (back and forwards). Based on question passing branch back to the desired page in the module 1

Both options would work - the 2nd one might be better based on what you have been asking.