Show custom feedback with multiple attempts

246 0 2
Posted   2 months ago

I have added a multiple choice question to an existing page. One answer is correct. I want to offer multiple attempts at the question but I want my own incorrect feedback to show when their answer is incorrect, before they select try again. When I turn off multiple attempts the incorrect feedback shows, but I can't work out how to have both options.

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 2 )

Posted   2 months ago

If you're using the Engage/inline MC question component, you can set a Custom Action based on the user submitting an incorrect attempt or final submission.

To do this:

• Select the MC component on the page
  • Select the Actions icon (lightning bolt).
  • On the panel that opens, the top setting will be "When the final Attempt is Submitted". Choose the See all option beside that.
  • On the panel that opens, scroll down and you'll see sections for When an attempt is... and When the final is..., where you can choose "Incorrect" as the trigger. 
  • Select the Next button and you can now decide how you want to show the feedback.

A Popup is a good choice here, as it opens over the main page and the learner has to close the Popup before they can use the Try Again button in the MC component.

Hope this helps!

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   2 months ago

Thanks Chris, but I have different feedback text for each incorrect answer that I want to show. I can only see an option for providing feedback text for incorrect attempts generally across the question, not specific to the answers. Any ideas?

Comments

( 1 )
one month ago     Chris Van Wingerden     1347   |   7  

Emma, I've been testing some ideas and have some additional questions, but maybe running through them here isn't too effective. Would you be able to join our UK meetup next Wednesday and we can walk through it? We've adjusted the time by a half hour from before, here's the article with the time and link details -- dominKnow | ONE user meetup for authors in Europe, the UK, >> https://dki.io/6bb7bc2f