Add a Trigger Type to a State

627 0 2
Posted   10 months ago

I am creating a knowledge check and I want to use an emoji  as part of the feedback for the learner, smiley face when correct; thinking face when incorrect.  When setting the trigger type, I clicked element but it does not give me the option to select when correct answer is submitted, so I'm thinking I have to select variable.  How do I set the variable so the state changes when the learner selects the correct or incorrect answer?

Thank you

Dorothy/Elsevier

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 2 )

Posted   10 months ago

If you’re using one of the Quiz and Exercise Elements available on the Engage tab you can set the question element to show/hide your emojis (I’m presuming here that you’re adding them as image element s on the page) based on the learner’s correct or incorrect selection.

NOTE: If all you want is to show the emojis as feedback and not use the feedback panel options for the question (which appear as a popup modal above the page), you’ll want to edit the question and deselect all of the options on the question’s Feedback tab.

Then:

• Select the Question element on the page
  • Select the Interactions tab
  • Select Triggers
  • Select Current Question is Correct or Current Question is Incorrect
  • On the Triggers > Add an Action to your select trigger panel, choose Show
  • Select Next
  • On the panel that opens to the right of the stage you can now select the Target of the action plus any other settings you’d like 

(You can also do this by selecting the Question element then selecting the Actions icon (the purple lightning bolt icon) and choosing the See All option at the top to see all of the possible question-related triggers, but it ends up being a couple of extra steps.) 

If you’re using one of the full Question Pages, you can also do this, but there’s no need to select the question on the page before going to the Interactions tab and selecting the Triggers drop down panel. 

Hope this helps!

Comments

( 0 )
Posted   10 months ago

Thank you!!

Comments

( 0 )