Label Trigger to Show (hidden on load) Icon?

543 0 3
Posted   7 months ago

Seems like it should be quite simple but when the menu for "show" displays, the elements are rows and rich text. The icons I put on the graphic are not visible to select as trigger targets. Is there another method? (Markers do not work in my classroom environment.)

Comments

( 0 )

Answers  ( 3 )

Posted   7 months ago

Hello, yes it should be as easy as you envision. When you create an action items that are layered on top of an image will show up in the right flyout, just under the image itself as potential targets for the action. 

If for some reason you are not seeing this, please send in a ticket to support@dominknow.com and include the project ID and page information as to where you are seeing the issue.

Comments

( 2 )
7 months ago     etschumacher     16   |   3  

Thanks, Paul ... I probably should have included that the label and icon are on the same image, which is inside an accordion object?

What I am seeing on the right flyout is "Tabset", but none of the elements within it.

Again, TY.

7 months ago     Paul Schneider     753   |   8  

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I needed to confirm the details. Currently we do not support targeting items inside the tabset/accordion control.

Was using the Accordion a design choice? As noted, you can target these items when they are not inside this widget.

Posted   7 months ago

Yes ... an important and ubiquitous design choice that the customer LOVES for chunking information! Can we get a workaround, please?

Comments

( 1 )

One option is to create your own sections with hides and shows so when you click on a "topic" it will show the section (or group or row) below it - you can create all sorts of background and board stylization - not to be exactly like an accordion - but then you can "compact" the info and you would be able to target the items you wish to target.

Posted   7 months ago

I wish I could up-vote this five times! Paul, what a great solution with so much more flexibility ... are there straightforward instructions on creating a toggle out of a section that has 1 row (of text) for the "title"?  I figured out the hide part, but flummoxed as to un-hide.

Comments

( 1 )

You are welcome. Basically you need to decide what is the trigger to unhide.
You could have it unhide when they click on some other "tab" element on the page. You could also have an icon or something that is always visible and then add a toggle action (instead of a hide and show) and that can toggle show/hide for the other element. The later is probably more inline with your design approach.

Of course once done, you could copy the page into a baseline/template - get rid of any other elements on the page and then anytime you needed that action, use the insert from baseline for a section and add that "section/page" right into the page you are working on.